Ready or not, Congo here we come

Today, I'm sitting here in Guelph in my little basement apartment, the fireplace on to take the chill out of the air. And I'm reflecting. Mostly I'm thinking that in a month's time, I will probably be in another little apartment, our new "home" in Kinshasa, DRC (the Democratic Republic of the Congo). How do you spell surreal? Lots of different, and often conflicting emotions : excitement, fear, sadness, joy, confidence, humility. But the overriding one over these last days, weeks and months has been peace - peace that God has promised and that only He can give. Has He not always shown Himself to be faithful? I choose today to trust the Faithful One. All the rest is just details.

Comments

  1. Wow, Brenda. This is so exciting and definitely surreal. I will definitely be checking your blog and praying for you and Richard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts