Living Legacy part 2

At 5 days until our departure for the Congo, I can definitely ask myself why on earth would I leave home and family at this point in my life and choose to live in Kinshasa.  Well, last time I talked about the idea of a living legacy so here are a few reasons why I'm going...
*The love of Christ compels me.  I've been to the Congo before; it's a broken place with needs on every level.  How can I turn my back on that?
*I want my life to be about something bigger than me.  I  really don't want it to be defined by "work, eat, play and sleep".  Those things are part of my life but they are not my life.
*Finally, I am going, in part, for my kids and grandson.  Shocking thought, isn't it?  But I have always talked to them about walking by faith, following Jesus, loving Him and serving Him.  So now I pray that as I walk, follow, love and serve, they will see that there is no age limit to living fully for God.
Living legacy...God give me the grace now and in the days ahead!

Comments

  1. Brenda! you did it! You have a blog now!! I'm so excited for you! This is so lovely! I love the title of your blog! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda,
    tu as été un bon exemple pour moi quand tu étais en France.
    Merci pour l'impact que tu laisses dans la vie des gens. Que Dieu t'accompagne et te permette de mieux le connaitre à travers cette nouvelle aventure. je serai contente de suivre fidèlement ton Blog et de prier pour toi.

    Karen Finley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, your words "I want my life to be about something bigger than me. I really don't want it to be defined by "work, eat, play and sleep". Those things are part of my life but they are not my life." really impacted me this morning - that sums up EXACTLY what I try to explain to people when in discussion about my job situation. I struggle to convey how working hard for something bigger than yourself (or, in reality, someone - God) gives job satisfaction beyond compare. I want my working hard to mean something more than just a paycheque. I am in awe of the courage and tenacity it took for you and Richard to pull up roots and return to the mission field again, especially with Liam at home in his formative years. I look forward to reading about all the amazing experiences you both will have and I pray that God will bless your time there ten fold.
    Blessings,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lynda. Living a life of significance doesn't mean for everyone to do what we're doing - I know this is NOT for everyone. But wherever you are, it does mean seeking Him to live your life in a way that conveys His greatness and His kingdom passion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts