Best Place Possible : with You

"You are frustrated and sorry for yourself,"  God seemed to be saying.  "Sorry for yourself because you do not have all your desires satisfied.  But if you will be with me you do not have to have all your desires satisfied.  With me is ultimate and complete satisfaction.  If you are genuinely with me you are in the best place possible."  (Sanctuary of the Soul)

Ah!  These words!  I have heard and lived them innumerable times.  Eyes on my circumstances. Discontent.  Eyes on the Master's hand.  Satisfaction.

Humanly, there is so much in this life here, that begs dissatisfaction.  So much is wrong.  So much hard.  And how quickly the feelings of frustration mount.  And with frustration, discontent is rarely far behind. 

But being satisfied quite simply in Him, with Him, that is another story. 

Write this story on my heart.  Let me sing its lyrics, hum its tune.  Geography then does not disturb.  Loss is understood through the gain.  Pain through benefit. 
Yes, with You is enough for me.

Comments

  1. Makes me think of this hymn:

    Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go,
    Anywhere He leads me in this world below.
    Anywhere without Him, dearest joys would fade;
    Anywhere with Jesus I am not afraid.

    (This song was inspired by Lilias Trotter who was missionary in Algeria... I read her biography, it was amazing.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine,
    Recently when I was teaching on women in Missions, I mentioned Lilias Trotter. She was amazing indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts