Why do I do it?


Mark 13:26,27 "Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with great power and glory. And he will send forth his angels to gather together his chosen ones from all over the world - from the farthest ends of the earth and heaven."

This is why I am here. Why else would someone leave the familiar, the loved to go toward the broken, the forgotten,  and often hopeless? It is this image of a coming day when all will be righted, when the God of glory will be seen and known for who He really is. It is this that brings me back to this place. Again and again. This my farthest ends of the earth.

So here I am.

Day by day. Doing my part, fighting to stay awake and on target, doing the work He's given me to do. And always before my eyes, and in my heart, the vision of a glorious, multi-cultural, international throng praising Jesus forever. Endless, beautiful, harmony. ALL his chosen ones from ALL over the world brought ALTOGETHER with Him.  Now that is why I do it.

"The Son of Man can be compared with that of a man who left home to go on a trip. He gave each of his employees instructions about the work they were to do, and he told the gatekeeper to watch for his return. So keep a sharp lookout!...Don't let him find you sleeping when he arrives without warning."  (34-36)

Comments

Popular Posts