Our 36 Day God Adventure in the Bandundu

Day 19 : Friday, September 23, 2011

Great night sleep last night - it was so much cooler and no bugs thanks to our net!  Last evening while the others were at the film, I actually got some computer work done because we had electricity for maybe 2 hours.  Such a nice change.
Today we will finish off our training in Kikwit with the sections on culture and strategy.  Though the level of French is very good, Mama Fifi is translating for us to ensure an even better comprehension of the concepts. 
I know we're over the half way point now in this journey and as much as I'm enjoying it, I am also looking forward to going home to Kinshasa and then one month later, home to Guelph.  Do you think it's too soon to be counting the days???
We had another great session this morning discussing culture.  The group had lots of questions and comments.  It certainly fires me up when it's like this!
Final session, certificates and photos.  That's another training done.  Tomorrow we pack up again and move on to Sala and training #6. 
I was all set up on internet for the evening when Richard told me that they needed to take the computor which was disappointing since I don't think at our next stop there will be internet. Ended up reading instead, by flashlight, since there was no power tonight.  At several points it sounded like someone was wiggling the doorknob to come into our room.  A little disconcerting but nothing came of it since I had the door locked.

Comments

Popular Posts