Our 36 Day God Adventure in the Bandundu

Day 23 : Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The longing to go home is building with every passing day.  So ready to move on because that puts us one day closer to being home.  Tired of these rather primitive conditions, dirt floor, open rafters, outhouses, outdoor showers, no electricity, no internet or even cell phone.  Our mosquito net has "trapped" a ton of mice poo the last two nights!  And I don't know what I did last night in my sleep but my right shoulder is very sore today - hurts to lift my arm.  Wow. I sound kind of cranky!
We completed our training today inside the church this time.  Lots of questions.  Again as in previous trainings we discovered a good number of pastors without Bibles. I think one of the things that struck me here was the very few young pastors.  We have been told that when the young men look at the life of the pastors, they decide that it's not a life they want to live.   An obvious need to figure out where to go from here with our training.  One young man (22 but looks like he is about 15) followed the entire training so was given his certificate and syllabus along with the pastors.
Following the normal routine, I pack up as much of our stuff as possible tonight in order to be ready early tomorrow morning for our travel day.  Guess it might seem a little over anxious if I were to sleep in my clothes, right?

Comments

Popular Posts